SomatoEmotional Release™ 2
4 days Seminar
In this workshop SomatoEmotional Release® techniques are integrated with various creative and dialoguing methods. With the emphasis on wholeness and self-healing, the goal is a comfortable, holistic mind-body approach to the resolution of problems and obstacles related to a person’s progress and growth.
The class begins with a practical review of the techniques for releasing the throat and hard palate taught in CST II and further developed in SER I. This encourages the expression and release of suppressed emotion, and is followed by an introduction to Psychosynthesis, Gestalt and Jungian psychology.
By blending concepts from three schools of psychology with SER and CST the therapist learns techniques to help the person increase awareness of their “innerself”. Class exercises are designed to strengthen the relationship between theconscious and non-conscious mind in order to increase self-awareness.
The SomatoEmotional Release® process requires extreme sensitivity on thepart of t he therapist and a positive attitude and trust from the patient/client. The SER 2 course gives you a greater insight into the person’s issues, and techniques to fine-tune your dialogue skills.
• The history, key concepts and therapeutic process of Psychosynthesis, Gestalt and Jungian psychology
• Practical application of the integration of Psychosynthesis, Gestalt and Jungian psychology with SomatoEmotional Release® and therapeuticimagery and dialogue
• Review of throat and hard palate techniques for releasing vocal apparatus
• Methods for soliciting an image, maintaining an unsolicited image and discovering an image’s purpose
• Skills for facilitating dialogue between the person’s levels of consciousness
• 10-step protocol for imagery and dialogue
• Exercises in active imagination, archetypes, self-awareness and dialogue and facilitated imagery
• Approaches to dreamwork
• Continued focus on craniosacral rhythm as significance detector
Successful completion of SomatoEmotional Release® I workshop. You should review SomatoEmotional Release and Beyond by Dr John Upledger and read Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher and William Ury. Dr Upledger recommends that you also read The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, and The Triumph of the Embryo by Lewis Wolpert.
Location & Dates: